Monday, July 12, 2010

6 TIPS TO PUSH PAST THE PAIN

"Push just a little harder."
"Go just a little further."
"Now is not the time to quit is it?"

You've all heard me ask the above from you and all you want to do is stop the pain. Click on "6 Tips to Push Past the Pain" above and take a look at a great article I found in Runner's World. I found it very interesting and certainly helpful to me. Here's a little piece that I especially like:
Don't get too emotionally involved with the pain or get upset when you feel it," Taylor says. "Detach yourself and simply use it as information." Ask yourself where the pain is and why it's happening. And if it's not related to an injury, then acknowledge that this could be an indication that what you're doing is going to help you reach your goal. "Some types of pain tell you that you're pushing yourself, that you're getting better," he says.
Check out the link and the next time you think you can't do another level - think again. Taking the time to truly evaluate where your body is and how much effort you are ACTUALLY putting forth makes each class worthwhile. Each time we ride, you all make me proud. Every drop of sweat and every beat on your heart rate monitor makes you defines your workload and what you are willing to give to achieve your goals. Keep up the good work my friends!

Ride on!

No comments:

Post a Comment