Monday, July 27, 2009

Anyone for a Race Day?

Hey there. I'm back in action. No more vacations and no more injuries (fingers crossed)! Thanks to all of the AMAZING subs that helped me through the last two months. They kept you all riding and in peak shape while I was resting (Uh oh)!! We have some pretty exciting things coming up starting in August.
  • August 1 - 10:45 am Intro to Cycle ride. If you know of anyone who is interested in previewing a cycle class before going all out in one of our weekly rides - let them know about this class. This is held the first Saturday of each month and will slowly introduce them to the ins and outs of indoor cycling. We'll end the class with a 30 minute ride. All-in-all, the class ends up around 45 minutes.

  • Monthly Race Days! Here by popular demand - we'll be doing a monthly Race Day. These will be held the first Monday of each month for all three of my classes that day. This will offer you an OUTSTANDING opportunity to apply the consistent training you've been practicing all month long. BOTTOM LINE......RESISTANCE TRAINING FIRST - SPEED LATER. (I know - I sound like a broken record!) Check out the special downloadable information on Race Days in the "Downloads" section to the right.

  • Don't forget about the High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) 90 minute class offered on Sundays at 11:30.

  • From August 1 - 31, all members who participate in my class have an opportunity to give me your thoughts and requests on songs you want to hear. It could be something I've played in one of my previous classes or a song that forces you to workout just a little harder. I'll incorporate those into my September playlists! Just click on "Comment" at this end of this post and request away! You have to be a member of the blog to make it happen.
  • Finally - my August schedule will be posted at the top of this page. Please stay tuned for any last minute changes or subs.

See you all in the Cycle room!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michelle,

    Here are some songs you might be able to play during class. Do let me know if you'd like a copy of them, so you don't have to pay for them on itunes. See you in a few hours!

    "Take it off" - The Donnas
    "Love Games" - Lady GaGa
    "That's not my Name" - The Ting Tings (probably start it 6 seconds in)
    "Waking Up in Vegas" - Katy Perry
    "Sunday Morning" - K-OS
    "Can't Believe a Single Word" -VHS or Beta
    "She Wants to Move" - NERD
    "God Killed the Queen" - Louis XIV
    "I Gotta Feeling" -Black Eyed Peas
    "Love Drunk" - Boys like Girls
    "Say Hey (I love you) - Michael Franti (for a warm up/down)
    "In the Ayer" - Flo Rida

    ReplyDelete